Colin L. Fairman
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
Colin Fairman is a patent attorney licensed in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. Colin's practice involves all areas of patent law including client counseling, litigation and patent and trademark prosecution. Colin has prosecuted hundreds of patents in a wide variety of fields including mechanical, medical devices, optics, injection molding, surface chemistry, polymer chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, cardiovascular stents and prostheses and oil refining.
Colin was formerly an attorney at several global, multi-practice law firms. Prior to law school, Colin was a clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice, a chemist for an environmental consulting and remediation firm and a Ph.D. student in medical physiology, specializing in cardiovascular physiology. Following graduate school Colin completed a first post-doctoral fellowship in neuronal development and a second post-doc in molecular biology focusing on ion transport and molecular gating.
Colin's background has provided him with a hands-on background with which to interview and counsel inventors and provided him with a scientific outlook with which to interview examiners and assess patentability issues.
Colin enjoys running, gardening and spending time with his children.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Hawaii-Manoa, John Burns School of Medicine
- Ph.D. - 1994
- Major: Biomedical Sciences-Medical Physiology Specialization in Cardiovascular Physiology
- James Madison University
- B.S. - 1983
- Major: Biology
- Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Minneapolis, Hennepin, Minnesota , Senior Associate
- U.S. Department of Justice, Clerk
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Partner, Patent Attorney